Learn about the features of The Notebook
Check out the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions
Need to contact The Goblin about something?
- Update 22nd June 2022 – Custom StatblocksStatblocks are no longer restricted to basic DND 5e fields and layout with the introduction of custom statblocks! Custom statblocks use markdown to create the layout so you have the freedom to adjust the fields and layout to suit your game system and personal preference, all in the same way you write object notes. You ..Read more
- Update 11th June 2022 – Pop previews into new windowsObject previews can now be popped out into new windows so you can drag them away from the main notebook view to allow you you make better use of multiple or high-resolution displays. Note that the button to pop out a preview window uses the icon that previously selected the object. The button to select ..Read more
- Update 7th June 2022 – Object redirectionClick one object, have another one selected! If you have, for instance, a group of NPCs that are related to an organisation then you can put them all under one creature object and have that group object redirect to the organisation instead of having to follow links or find it manually! Select the object you ..Read more
- Update 14th May 2022 – TransclusionYou can now include the notes of an object within other objects! Transclusion is the inclusion of part or all of an electronic document into one or more other documents by hypertext reference. Transclusion is usually performed when the referencing document is displayed, and is normally automatic and transparent to the end user. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transclusion To include one object in another ..Read more
- Update 5th May 2022 – Expand/collapse optionsA new little hidden away feature has found its way into the notebook. You can now expand and collapse all objects in a column together. Right-click any object’s expand/collapse icon to bring up a context menu where you can choose options to affect multiple objects. Collapse/expand children will affect all objects below the one selected ..Read more